I have listed what I have found to essentials for effective communication. We all should filter our message through the following questions:
1. Is it Clear?– We should always be clear about our purpose and never assume our audience will “ read between the lines.” We might get only one chance to communicate and should make the most of it.
2. Is it Concise?-Stick to the point and be thorough but brief. Prepare what you are going to say before you actually say it! It makes for a much more Concise presentation. Don’t be afraid of silent or quiet moments.
3. Is it Complete?– Does my audience fully understand what I am trying to communicate? Does my message have a clear call to action? Have I included all the relevant information? (Names, dates, locations etc.)
4. Is it Courteous?– Is my message friendly, open and honest? We all should avoid “hidden messages” in our communication. Keep in mind that people really do differ and that our message should be appropriate and suited to the audience at hand.
5. Is it Credible? – Does my message improve my believability with the recipient? Remember, trust is the basis of any healthy relationship.
6. Is it Congruent?– Do my words and actions align? These 6 keys are essentials to healthy and effective communication. If followed they will make a difference in everything we say and write.
It is imperative that all of us at North American become effective communicators! If you would like to talk or set an appointment, email me at: email@example.com
or call/text at: (407) 484-8650
August 1, 2017